Mexican and Southwestern jewelry is beautiful... full of amber and turquoise and smooth, pretty stones. For Cinco de Mayo, make some jewelry of your own using empty toilet paper rolls and dried beans for the stones.
What You Need:
- Empty toilet paper rolls
- Black, silver, or gold paint (this will be the "metal" of your bracelet)
- Paint brush or sponge
- Dried beans in lots of colors
What You Do:
- Take your toilet paper roll and cut it lengthwise. Then cut it in thirds. This will make three cuff bracelets.
- Now you can paint the bracelet. You can make it silver, gold, or black. We did ours in black.
- After the paint is dry, you are ready to glue on your "stones". We used a liquid glue but hot glue would also work great. Add your beans in patterns or randomly. Make it just the way you want. When the glue is dry, you are ready to wear your Mexican jewelry!
You might also like ...