Looking for a not-so-sneaky to get your kiddos to willingly eat all of their veggies? Have them create their very own lettuce wraps with produce you picked out together at one of our area Farmers' Markets!
This is a fun, nutritious, hands-on dinner idea the whole family will enjoy. Not a fan of lettuce? Whole wheat tortillas can be used instead.
Asian Chicken Lettuce Wraps
- 1½ pounds thin-sliced boneless chicken breast
- ½ cup teriyaki sauce
- 1 teaspoon chopped garlic
- 1 teaspoon fresh ginger, finely chopped
- 1 Tablespoon oil
- 1 red bell pepper, seeded and sliced into thin strips
- 2 cups matchstick carrots
- 1 cucumber, peeled and sliced into thin strips
- 1 head of Bibb lettuce, pulled apart, washed, and patted dry
- ½ pound angel hair or thin spaghetti
- Crunchy lo mein noodles
- Mandarin orange slices
- Sliced almonds
- Dressing or additional Teriyaki sauce
In a medium bowl, combine teriyaki sauce, garlic, and ginger; stir to combine. Add boneless chicken breasts to the mixture, and place in the refrigerator to marinate for 2-3 hours.
Heat pan with 1 tablespoon oil over medium. Add chicken and sauté until cooked through. Slice cooked chicken into thin strips. Cook noodles as directed on package, then drain and cool by running cold water over them in a colander. Prepare vegetables and arrange them on a large dish or platter.