For this year's 4th of July cookout, why not craft up some table decorations that let our nation's colors fly and remind us of the origins of the holiday? With just some red, white, and blue paper and a few embellishments, you can create patriotic placemats for your guests.
What You Need:
- 8.5x11-inch paper in red (one per placemat)
- 8.5x11-inch paper in white (one per placemat)
- 8.5x11-inch paper in blue (one per placemat)
- Tape or glue
- Embellishments (ribbon, stickers, star cutouts, etc.)
- Clear contact paper (optional)
What You Do:
- Cut the red and blue paper into 1-inch strips.
- Mark a one-inch border around all sides of the white paper. Then cut vertical strips at 1-inch intervals within the border.
- Weave the red and blue strips through the white paper, alternating colors or creating a pattern of your choice.
- Tape or glue strips to the back of the white paper to hold in place.
- Use embellishments to decorate the edges of each placement.
- For added durability, cover in clear contact paper.
Tie your silverware with coordinating ribbon and set the table for a fun and festive Independence Day celebration!