Valentine’s Day crafts from the heart are the best! My kids always want to get involved in creating special presents for members of our family and we found a great option that is both affordable and fun for everyone involved. Plus, the recipients love the personal touch with each creation.
Take a few hours this weekend to create some personalized ceramic mugs and cups. This is a quick craft idea that isn’t overly messy for little hands. They are perfect for Valentine’s Day or any other upcoming holiday.
What You Need:
- White ceramic plates, bowls, or cups for decorating (available at virtually any craft store)
- Permanent markers (Sharpies works great!)
What You Do:
- Invite your kids to decorate the mugs/plates any way they want. You can help with letters or designs. Handprints on plates add a personal touch.
- After decorating, allow the cups and plates to dry for at least 24 hours.
- After 24 hours, place them in a cold oven on a baking sheet. Set the timer for 30 minutes and the oven at 400℉.
- Once the timer goes off, keep the mugs and plates in the oven to cool.
- Once they are completely cool, distribute them to friends and family as presents!