Leprechauns are notorious troublemakers. Last St. Patrick's Day, we woke to discover that a leprechaun had sneaked into our house and tossed my boys' shoes all over their rooms. It was quite a mess, but the leprechaun made up for it by leaving a couple of games for us.
This year, we are going to catch a leprechaun and make him take us to his pot of gold. How do you catch a leprechaun? With a Leprechaun Trap, of course!
What You Need:
- A shoebox
- Wrapping paper, tissue paper, or construction paper in various shades of green
- Gold and a pot to put it in
- Craft sticks, paper, and a marker to make a sign
- Glue and tape
What You Do:
- Wrap the shoebox with green paper. We used tissue paper around the box because it is thin and folds easily, and we used wrapping paper for the inside.
- Cut out some four-leaf clovers to decorate the inside and outside of the box.
- Add your pot of gold. We used double-sided tape to adhere a muffin baking cup to the box and then added gold Mardi Gras beads. You could also use foil-wrapped chocolate coins, Rolo candy, or Hershey's Almond Kisses for the gold.
- Since leprechauns love gold, make a sign to entice them. Put double-sided tape all around the pot of gold so when the leprechaun tries to steal the gold, he'll get stuck!
We're keeping our fingers crossed that it works!