Create the perfect image of this summer's fireworks with this simple painting technique. Gather your kids and a few supplies to make the red, white. and blue sparkle.
What You Need:
- Empty toilet paper rolls (2) or an empty paper towel roll cut in half
- White card stock
- Paint in red and blue and paintbrush
What You Do:
- Cut vertical strips in each of the tubes, leaving a portion of the tube uncut at the top. We cut one of our tubes with longer strips than the others so that we could vary the size of the spokes on our fireworks. This will actually become the "stamps" that you use to create your fireworks.
- Paint the spokes of one of the tubes red. Since you will be stamping, you will want to paint quick and thick. Stamp random patterns of red on your white card stock.
- Repeat the same steps with the blue plate and your other tube, overlapping some of the red fireworks.
- While the paint is still wet, sprinkle some glitter over your picture so that it dries with some sparkle. Display your fireworks with pride!