Get creative and have fun crafting patriotic candle holders to celebrate the 4th of July! Need more great ideas like this? Visit our Patriotic Holidays Pinterest Board!
What You Need:
- Clean glass containers (baby food jars are perfect)
- Red, white, and blue tissue paper
- White glue
- Battery-operated tealight candles
What You Do:
- Cut tissue paper into small squares and stars in red, white, and blue
- Mix equal parts glue and water in a small bowl. This makes a Mod Podge® type glue.
- Paint the glue mixture on the outside of the jar.
- Apply tissue paper squares and stars.
- Paint another layer of glue on top of the tissue; apply liberally as the glue dries clear.
- Once the jar is dry, place a battery-operated candle inside and enjoy your creation!
NOTE: These candle holders are not flame resistant and you should only use battery-operated candles.