Incorporate a little learning into your afternoon with a fun science experiment that explores the properties of ice and salt. This project has a simple supply list, requires no prep, and has little clean up. The perfect project for an active family!
What You Need:
- String or yarn
What You Do:
- Fill a glass or container with water.
- Put ice in the water.
- Cut a piece of string or yarn.
- Try to drop the string into the water and get the ice to stick to the string (it won't work).
- Sprinkle a generous amount of salt on the ice.
- Wait a minute for the ice to begin to melt.
- Now place the string on the ice again and watch it stick!
Your kids will love seeing how many cubes they can get to stick to their string!