Chocolate-covered strawberries are a decadent treat, but the process of making them can be more than a little time-consuming. Put the chocolate on the INSIDE to make this delicious treat for your favorite mama this Mother's Day!
What You Need:
- Chocolate — about 2 ounces per 6 strawberries
- A plastic egg carton that has been thoroughly washed or a deviled eggs plate
Note: Do NOT use a cardboard egg carton since there is no way to properly clean it after you take the eggs out!
What You Do:
- Wipe the strawberries down with a damp paper towel. Rinsing strawberries in water causes them to absorb some of the water and not be as flavorful.
- Cut off the top of the strawberries, and use a strawberry huller or small spoon (we used a 1/4-teaspoon measuring spoon) to scoop out the white part inside the strawberry.
- Use a paper towel to dry out the inside of the strawberries a little. This will help the chocolate stick better to the strawberries.
- Melt the chocolate in a small glass bowl in the microwave. Start with 30 seconds, stir and return to the microwave for 30 second intervals until the chocolate melts. We used dark, semi-sweet, and white.
- Pour/spoon the chocolate into a plastic zipper bag, squeeze out all the air, and zip shut.
- Use a pair of scissors to cut off one of the corners of the bag.
- Pipe the chocolate into the holes in the strawberries, let set, and enjoy!