1. Membership or Season Pass – An individual or family membership to a local venue or attraction makes a great gift that keeps giving! There are so many choices that can be tailored to your child's or family's interest, from museums to zoos to pools.
2. Subscription Boxes – You can get just about anything in a subscription box these days ... science experiments, crafts, snacks, toys, and more!
3. Adventures – Plan a day out and then print a page with images of the things you'll spend the day doing together. Riddles and treasure hunts make really fun ways to have kids discover all of the fun that will take place on an adventure day too!
4. Books – Books encourage children to read, and adults to read to them. Stop in and visit with the knowledgeable staff at your local bookstore. They will have wonderful book suggestions for kids and kids at heart.
5. Tickets – Theater tickets, movie tickets, concert tickets, baseball game tickets, and more! Think local here for big savings. Check out local schools for theater shows, concerts, and sporting events. Younger kids love seeing teens perform and it gives them a taste of where they will be in a few years.
6. Magazine Subscriptions – This is another one where there is something for every kid, from babies to teens!
7. I.O.U. Cards – Create coupons for playing a favorite board game, getting out of cleaning up after a meal, staying up half an hour late, and other fun ideas. Just simple things that kids love and don't cost money for you.
8. Lessons – Swimming, horseback riding, cooking, art, theater … the list is endless and you can find something for everyone.
9. Family Vacation – Wrap up plane or train tickets, an itinerary, or hints about a great family vacation. Near or far, whatever trip you plan to take this year can be a surprise!
10. Donations – It's always a great time to teach your child about helping others. Make a donation in your child's name to an organization that is important to him/her or purchase items for that organization, then deliver them as a family. For example, go shopping for items for your local food pantry or animal shelter.
➡️ Return to our AWESOME Birthday Issue!