Want to know how to turn a bowl of fruit into an exciting afternoon snack? Turn 'em into rockets!
(I think they're also perfect for National Moon Day on July 20!)
What You Need:
- Pint of strawberries
- Fancy cocktail skewers (plain wooden or metal ones work too)
- Blackberries, bananas, blueberries, or any other fruit you want
What You Do:
- Find the strawberries in your pint that have the pointiest ends... these will be the top of your rocket.
- Wash and hull the strawberries; set aside.
- Slice the other fruit into bite-size pieces, or use fruit that is bite-sized to begin with, like blackberries and grapes. We used strawberries, bananas, and blackberries because my kids love them, and we had them on hand.
- Add the fruit to the skewer.
- Top with a strawberry and — voilà — you've got a delicious and nutritious snack!