If you're like our family and buy more hot cocoa in the winter than you end up using, you surely have extra in the back of your pantry. This recipe is a refreshing and easy dessert that will become a go-to treat for the warmer months!
Frozen Hot Chocolate Chip "Ice Cream"
- 1 packet hot cocoa mix
- 1/2 cup milk (we use vanilla soy — makes it very creamy and dairy-free)
- 1 cup crushed ice
- 1/4 cup chocolate chips, divided (optional)
Place all ingredients into blender and blend. If using chocolate chips, include half to blend and half to sprinkle on top once it's in the bowl. Pour into bowl (or if sharing, multiple) and serve!
- If it turns out a little runny, just pour into bowl and place bowl into freezer for 20-30 minutes to harden.
- Add a little more milk if it is too thick to blend. Watch how much milk you add or it will turn into a smoothie.
- We occasionally will add in 1/2 a banana or strawberries to give it a distinctive fruit flavor.
- Add some sprinkles or a cherry on top for some extra fun!