Dress up a boxed cake mix with the tastes of fall in these Pumpkin Spice Cupcakes topped with Cinnamon Cream Cheese Frosting. You're welcome!
Pumpkin Spice Cupcakes
- 1 box spice cake mix
- 1 box instant vanilla pudding mix
- ½ can pumpkin
- 3 eggs
- ½ cup canola oil
- ½ cup water
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- ½ cup finely chopped pecans (optional)
Mix all ingredients together except pecans; fold those in last. Fill paper cupcake liners 2/3 full. I use an ice cream scoop for a perfect measure every time. Bake according to box directions. Cool completely before frosting.
Cinnamon Cream Cheese Frosting
- 2 8-ounce packages of cream cheese, softened to room temperature
- 2 sticks of butter, softened to room temperature
- 1 Tablespoon vanilla extract
- 5 cups of powdered sugar (approximately)
- 1 Tablespoon cinnamon (or to taste)
Cream ingredients together using hand mixer or stand mixer. Pipe frosting in a swirl pattern using a large pastry bag and a 1M tip. You can also cut the corner off a plastic sandwich bag that you've filled with the frosting and pipe the icing this way. Sprinkle with finely chopped pecans if desired.
Note: If you plan to frost these cupcakes with a knife instead of a piping bag, you can cut the frosting recipe in half.