Make these fun New Year's Eve Poppers and fill them with fun treats and yummy sweets. Your kids can help with this craft ... just don't let them see the treats you use to fill the poppers. This is such a fun way to kick off the New Year when you finish the countdown to midnight!
What You Need:
- Empty toilet paper rolls
- Festive wrapping paper or tissue paper
- Curling ribbon
- Candy, trinkets, Mardi Gras beads, crayons, and other small treats
What You Do:
- Start by measuring out enough wrapping paper to cover the roll but also leave extra on the ends to tie up with ribbon (see photo).
- Next, cut the roll in half almost completely, but leave a small area attached (see photo). Cutting will make it easier to rip open the popper when it's covered.
- Cover the roll and tie up one end with ribbon.
- Fill the roll with candy and treats.
- Tie up the other end.
- Give them out as a party favor along with noise makers!
Find more New Year events, crafts, recipes, and goals at bit.ly/MKDCNYE!