Kids love dinosaurs and I love reusing household items. Here's a cute craft for reusing those K-Cup coffee pods!
What You Need:
- Used K-Cup® coffee pods
- Acrylic paint (we used brown and green)
- Cupcake wrappers
- Pipe cleaners in assorted colors, cute into approximately 1" pieces
- Googly eyes
- Glue, general purpose or tacky
- Permanent markers
- Large safety pin or small nail (to use as hole punch)
What You Do:
1. Empty, wash, and dry your K-Cup coffee pods.
2. Paint K-Cups using acrylic paint. Let dry. Paint second coat. Let dry. We used brown and dark green paint.
3. Fold a cupcake wrapper in half, colored side out, and flatten.
4a. Put glue in a semi-circle in the center of the wrapper and place the open end of the K-Cup on the glue so that the hole in the narrow end of the cup faces down (away from the cupcake wrapper). Hold together until dry.
5a. Put a pipe cleaner in the hole as a horn. Glue on, or color eyes. Decorate as desired.
6a. Punch a hole on each side of the K-Cup and place 2 additional pipe cleaners (Optional).
Complete steps 1 through 3 above.
4b. Trace a circle around the narrow end of the K-Cup on the center of the wrapper. Cut out the circle.
5b. Slide the wrapper over the K-cup with the colored part of the wrapper facing the narrow end of the K-Cup.
6b. Put a pipe cleaner in the hole as a horn. Decorate the face using googly eyes or marker.
7b. Cut a narrow slit in the top and bottom of the wrapper.