Looking for an out-of-the-ordinary snack that is simple to make and will be a huge hit at your next game day party? Give these a try!
Soft Pretzel Biscuit Bites
- 1 can refrigerated biscuits, we used flaky layers
- 5 cups water
- 1/4 cup baking soda
- 1 egg, beaten
- Coarse salt
- Parchment paper
- Dipping sauce
1. Preheat oven to 425˚F.
2. Line two baking sheets with parchment paper and set aside.
3. In a small pot, combine water and baking soda. Bring to a boil then reduce heat to a simmer.
4. Cut biscuits into quarters and roll each piece into rectangular shaped balls.
5. Add the biscuits to the water about four at a time and cook for 15-30 seconds. Remove from water with a slotted spoon and transfer to baking sheet. Repeat for all biscuit pieces.
6. Arrange biscuits on sheet pans, making sure they are not touching.
7. Brush each piece with egg and sprinkle with salt.
8. Bake for 10-15 minutes or until golden brown. Keep an eye on them, as they brown rather quickly.
9. Serve warm with mustard, cheese sauce, or your favorite dipping sauce!
Love this recipe? Find more your family will love in our monthly foodie newsletter, Macaroni Kid EATS!