What are your plans for Valentine's Day? Along with showing your love for someone every day of the year, Valentine's Day is a day set aside where "love is in the air"!
Following is a list of responses from both men and women of items they enjoy receiving for Valentine's Day or any special occasion. Many responses were a quiet night together! Many stated that they celebrate on a different night so they aren't in the middle of the chaos of everyone going out to dinner.
Here are the Top 10 answers:
- Breakfast in bed
- Dinner & a movie
- Homemade cards & gifts
- Flowers & a bottle of wine
- Hotel overnight/Bed & Breakfast
- A day out planned around places partner enjoys (example: coffee shop, shopping, a favorite restaurant, dancing)
- Spa Gift Certificate
- Surprise night on the town
- Skating, sledding, & hot cocoa date
- Cologne & homemade card
- Outdoor equipment (hunting or fishing)
- Boxers, ties, watch, or clothing item
- Homemade dinner & dessert
- Fancy alcohol or favorite beer
- Dinner out at a favorite restaurant
- Car wash coupons
- Comedy club date
Of course, you know your SO best. It really is the gesture; just choose items that you know will be special to that person.
For a mom with young children, it may be as simple as time away, doing what she enjoys — read, visit a friend, craft, nap, hike, or take a candlelit bath — without any little ones knocking at the door!
Whatever it is that you choose, enjoy this day of love!