Mother's Day is celebrated on the second Sunday in May each year to honor the moms, stepmoms, grandmas, sisters, and other mom figures in our lives.
Whether the mom in your life is called Mom, Mother, Mama, or some other name, there are as many ways to celebrate Mom as there are titles for her. The gift of your time is the most precious gift you can give on Mother's Day. So free your calendar and show the love!
8 Ways to Celebrate Mother's Day with Your Mom
Make the day all about Mom. Here are some ways to celebrate Mother's Day with the Mom in your life.
- Have brunch or lunch at your Mom's favorite restaurant. Grab the check before Mom has a chance to pay. If your mother lives far away, consider a gift card from her favorite restaurant.
- Host a Mother's Day lunch or dinner at your house or a local park. Invite the extended family and ask everyone to bring something to share.
- Celebrate together with Mom's favorite activity. Visit a local winery, public garden, or walking trail. Give Mom tickets to a favorite venue if she lives far away.
- Make a special card or buy one that says just what you want it to say. Whether you choose sentimental or funny, make the card suit your mom.
- Put together a photo album or scrapbook with favorite photos of Mom with her kids or grandkids.
- Frame a favorite family photo for Mom to hang on the wall or display in her home.
- Say it with flowers. Choose your Mom's favorite flowers and plant a Mother's Day garden or pick up a hanging planter and garden hook.
- Check the Macaroni Kid calendar for local events to enjoy with Mom on Mother's Day weekend.
8 Ways to Celebrate Mother's Day with Your Kids
Here are some ways to celebrate Mother's Day with the kids in your life.
- Have your significant other or a friend take the kids shopping or help them make a card.
- Sleep in and let the kids surprise you with breakfast in bed. Whether they serve cereal and toast or a 5-star meal, the memories will be special.
- Enjoy a meal out at your favorite kid-friendly restaurant. Make reservations or plan for call ahead seating if available.
- Pack a picnic lunch and head to your favorite park. Celebrate your inner child by playing with the kids on the playground after lunch.
- Celebrate beauty together. Visit your favorite art gallery or public garden with the family.
- Remember the day with family photos. Ask a friend to capture some candid shots or take some crazy selfies.
- Spend the day outdoors at the nearest lake or river or your favorite hiking or biking trail.
- Check the Macaroni Kid calendar for local events to enjoy with the kids on Mother's Day weekend.
Moms are their children's first teachers and biggest fans. However you spend the day, take the time to tell Mom how much she means to you. Show the love to the favorite moms in your life — and don't forget your mom tribe! Happy Mother's Day!