I prefer recipes with fresh and colorful ingredients, especially in the summer. My mother-in-law shared her recipe for a veggie flatbread with me, always an amazing potluck favorite.
Now this veggie flatbread has become my go-to for quick and easy summertime snacking at home. Plus, my kids love it too — which is a huge win since it is loaded with vegetables!
- Store-bought pastry (We use Pillsbury Original Crescent Rolls dough)
- Cream cheese
- Fresh or frozen (fully thawed) veggies, such as peas, corn, broccoli, red bell pepper, green bell pepper
- Mozzarella cheese
1. Preheat the oven to the temperature recommended on the pastry package.
2. Grease a baking sheet and roll the pastry out into one large rectangular sheet.
3. Bake the pastry for the time suggested on the pastry instructions. Once cooked, cool to room temperature.
4. While the pastry is baking, chop your veggies into bite-sized bits.
5. Spread cream cheese onto the room-temperature pastry.
6. Dice and chop assorted veggies into bite-size pieces. Sprinkle on top of the cream cheese.
7. Top with shredded mozzarella cheese.
8. Slice and serve.
PRO TIP: Use a pizza cutter to easily slice through the snack to share with family and friends. Switch up your veggies to experience a variety of flavor and texture combinations!