This holiday season, Gaylord Rockies Resort is bringing back its beloved Christmas experience. Enjoy the holiday programming from November 20, 2020 through January 3, 2021. Whether staying overnight or visiting for the day, guests may now pre-purchase individual tickets for the family-favorite programming suitable for all ages.
Anchoring Christmas fun is I Love Christmas Movies, an exclusive multi-sensory pop-up exhibition in collaboration with Warner Bros. Consumer Products allowing guests to experience iconic holiday movies, including THE POLAR EXPRESS™, A CHRISTMAS STORY™, ELF™, NATIONAL LAMPOON’S CHRISTMAS VACATION™, and THE YEAR WITHOUT A SANTA CLAUS™, in a completely new way.
All designed with social distancing measures at the forefront, as guests young and young at heart navigate the multi-sensory exhibits, they will enjoy 15 fully immersive scenes complete with replicas of film props, audio clips, and more, making participants feel as if they have stepped into the actual story.
With millions of twinkling holiday lights and a towering Christmas tree in the Grand Lodge, coupled with abundant outdoor fun, visitors can look forward to a myriad of festive property-specific experiences.
Adventurous outdoor fun awaits with Ice Bumper Cars, where guests can experience the thrill of zooming around on ice, sliding, spinning, and bumping with friends and family. In addition to other festive activities, including four-lane Snow Tubing and Ice Skating, the property’s Snow Merry Go Round invites families to take a spin on this timeless attraction, providing endless fun for all ages.
Not to be missed is the LIGHT! Experience. Inspired by the high gusts across the Mile-High City, LIGHT! is an artistic take on the wind and its effect on the landscapes of Colorado. The beauty of this exhibit is revealed in the everchanging art formed by the influence and power of nature's fury. Because Mother Nature is the designer, each installation is constantly evolving, never appearing the same way twice.
Other activities this year include the following:
- Guests discover Santa’s Workshop only to find him missing from his favorite workspace. Greeted by his Head Elf, guests are invited to pen their wish list for the big man to know exactly what they want for Christmas in the resort’s Letters to Santa experience.
- Don't miss your chance to meet the big guy himself and tell him what's on your Christmas list with Photos with Santa by DEI! Take a photo with Santa in a festive setting that has been redesigned so you can creatively capture the memorable moment in a socially-distanced way.
- Search high and low to help Snoopy deck his house out for the Doghouse Decorating Competition in Merry Snoopy’s Scavenger Hunt. Complete the quest to win a souvenir.
- Brunch with Charlie Brown & Friends is served. This one-of-a-kind, experience includes a delicious brunch, along with photos with the Peanuts gang.
- Join the jolliest hostess of all for a fun-filled celebration of Christmas traditions old and new. Delight in the retelling of the Christmas classic, ‘Twas The Night Before Christmas, and sing along to favorite holiday songs while enjoying a warm freshly baked cookie and ice cold milk during Mrs. Claus’ Christmas Traditions.
- The Gingerbread Decorating Corner is a fun, sticky, and interactive decorating tradition that just got even sweeter. Choose from different design options to create either delectable holiday-themed gingerbread cookies or a complete gingerbread house. After you've decorated to your heart's content, make your way to meet Nutmeg, our Gingerbread Man, for a heartwarming photo opp.
- Be transported into the world of The Nutcracker led by the Sugarplum Fairy herself in Sugary Sweet Storytime. Plus, enjoy a one-of-a-kind super sweet, super sparkly, and super tasty Sugarplum Hot Chocolate in a festive souvenir mug.
- Bring imagination to life with Build-A-Bear Workshop®! Experience the Make-Your-Own fun by adding stuffing and taking part in our one-of-a-kind Heart Ceremony. Personalize furry friends with outfits, accessories, sounds, and scents – it’s the most fun you’ll ever make.
Tickets for Christmas at Gaylord Rockies and I Love Christmas Movies can be purchased at ChristmasatGaylordRockies.com and ILoveChristmasMoviesExperience.com. Advance online reservations are recommended for all ticketed events.
For more information on Christmas at Gaylord Rockies, visit ChristmasGaylordRockies.com.
As the safety of its guests and STARS (employees) is of paramount importance, Christmas at Gaylord Rockies has been developed in accordance with Marriott’s “Commitment to Clean” program and with enhanced protocols and social distancing measures. Programming will also operate in consideration of the latest local, state, and federal legislation.
About Gaylord Rockies Resort and Convention Center Located minutes from both the Denver International Airport and Downtown Denver, Gaylord Rockies Resort & Convention Center opened late 2018. The resort destination features 1,501 guest rooms, including 114 well-appointed suites, and more than 500,000 square feet of meeting and convention space. As a gateway to the Rockies, Gaylord Rockies offers easy access to Denver attractions and Rocky Mountain adventures, complete with eight dining options; a luxurious spa and salon; indoor and outdoor pool, lazy river and winding waterways; a 75’ TV in Mountain Pass Sports Bar; and picture-perfect sunset views of the mountains. Learn more at GaylordRockies.com.