The holiday season has arrived, and school registration may be far from your mind. However, if your child will be 5 years old by October 1, 2024, now is the time to register them for Kindergarten for the 2024-2025 school year. Don't wait — many Kindergarten classes fill quickly!
Douglas County School District Kindergarten offers:
- Structured, Rigorous, Play-Based Curriculum
- Smaller Class Sizes
- Authentic Learning Experiences
- No Tuition — Full-Day Kindergarten is Free!
Douglas County School District implements a special transition process for our Kindergarten students called Balanced Beginnings. The first days of school will be staggered, with small groups of students coming in rather than the entire class.
This eases the transition into Kindergarten and allows teachers and students to build positive relationships, introduce the new environment and routines, and collect informal data as they begin their year with students.
Douglas County School District
Kindergarten Registration Week — Register Online
Monday, November 27–Friday, December 1
To help simplify the enrollment process, DCSD is offering a central Kindergarten registration week. If this week doesn't work for your schedule — no problem! Simply register as soon as you can (after November 27).
Online registration for Kindergarten is available for all 46 DCSD neighborhood schools. To enroll with a DCSD charter school, please get in touch with that school directly, as each charter school has its own enrollment process.
How to register for Kindergarten:
1.) Visit www.dcsdk12.org/kindergarten and click the registration link that applies to you (current DCSD families or new to DCSD/re-enrolling in DCSD families).
2.) Provide the following documents for registration:
- Parent/Guardian Government Issued ID (e.g., Drivers License)
- Student(s) Government Issued Birth Certificate
- Student(s) Immunization Records-Colorado Law/CDPHE Website
- Proof of Residency (Provide one from the list below)
○ Signed Lease Agreement, including tenant names, address, lease term dates, and signature of both the Lessee and Lessor
○ Signed Purchase Agreement, including address, buyer names, and signature of both the Buyer and Seller
○ Warranty Deed, Property Tax Notice, or County Assessor's Page
○ Notarized Proof of Residency Letter from the person you are living with, along with their proof of residency
For additional information about Kindergarten enrollment in DCSD, contact your local school or visit www.dcsdk12.org/kindergarten.
We look forward to meeting you and your child and welcoming the Class of 2037!
2022 SI: 10694 | NI: 57099