Summertime is for exploration, adventure, discovery, and learning. From sports to coding, robotics to creative arts, the Town of Castle Rock’s Parks and Recreation Summer Camps offer programs to meet every child's interest!
Summer camps provide a great opportunity for children to develop critical skills and learn the values of teamwork and sportsmanship in fun, creative, and safe environments. Led by top-tier professional instructors who are passionate about teaching and child development, our summer camps help your child get the most out of their summer.
Weeklong camps allow kids to take some risks and try new things that they don't have the opportunity to do at school or might not have otherwise chosen.
Kids can participate in camps that encourage creativity and imagination, such as game development, science, and creative crafts. They can choose to learn new physical activities, such as fencing, soccer, flag football, lacrosse, baseball/softball, or kickball. Or, they can dive into STEM camps and learn problem-solving and critical thinking through LEGO model building, robotics, or code and cipher development.
Choose from a wide variety of both full and half-day camps, as well as specialty camps.
- Gold Medal Camps (ages 7-12): Half-day or full-day camps geared toward competitive athletes
- Multisport Camp (ages 5-14): Perfect for youth looking to try out a new sport each week
- Rock Rec Camp (ages 5-14): The traditional day camp experience full of fun games and activities
- The Great Outdoors Camp (ages 10-15): A great opportunity for kids to get outdoors and explore, including the zipline, sky trek, and adventure tower.
- Adventure Club Preschool Camp (ages 3-5): Campers participate in music, arts and crafts, games, drama, science, and more based on weekly camp themes.
- Kindergarten Prep (ages 4-5): This half-day class will have an academic structure that will include reading, writing, phonemic awareness, math, and science. This class is designed to fully equip your child to begin the math, reading, spelling, and writing process in Kindergarten.
- Fencing: Participants train their mind and body to become the greatest heroes of all time to save the universe from evil Sith warriors! Full and half-day camps available.
For more information, visit CRgov.com/Camps.