Whether you're preparing for a western-themed party, dreaming about a day at the rodeo, or simply trying to introduce your child to a classic toy, this do-it-yourself stick horse tutorial is sure to be a hit! Not only is it easy to make, but most of the supplies can be recycled from your own home. Yeehaw!
What You Need:
- Plastic bags or old rags
- Dowel rod
- Thick ribbon for the noseband
- Hot glue
What You Do:
- Stuff the sock with plastic bags or old rags.
- Attach the stuffed sock to the dowel rod with hot glue.
- Tie a ribbon around the neck to hide any unsightly glue marks and embellish with jewels, faux flowers, etc.
- Tie a ribbon around the nose to mimic a noseband.
- Cut ears from the felt and attach using hot glue.
- Add eyes and hair using assorted items such as paper, felt, buttons, beads, feathers, or fabric.