Magic of the Jack O'Lanterns
Hudson Gardens, 6115 S Santa Fe Dr., Littleton
October 1-31, 2021
BUY TICKETS ONLINE!
Magic of the Jack O’Lanterns, a brand new seasonal attraction from Denver-based Thirteenth Floor Entertainment Group, is NOW OPEN at Hudson Gardens on select dates through Halloween.
Under a magnificent glow of 5,000 hand-carved "funkins" and larger-than-life "funkin" displays, guests will discover magic around every corner. Wander past illuminated works of art that include a wondrous carnival, nautical seascape, dinosaurs, and dragons.
I was very surprised at how intricately the pumpkins were carved! Lifelike carvings of celebrities, dogs, superheroes, and more lined the gardens. Carved towers, pyramids, and totem poles dotted the grounds while you walk past the Land Before Time, winter-scapes, a cemetery, and even a skeleton motorcycle gang. There are enough different themes that everyone will find something that interests them.
The Thirteenth Floor Entertainment Group is known for their spooky and sometimes terrifying haunted houses. They are diversifying with this very family-friendly event. The spookiest part of the tour was when a gravestone moved as it cracked open. Tombstones were carved with funny puns like Barry Dalive, Willy B Back, or Russ T Chain. Our favorite was the tombstone that was carved "RIP New England Patriots 2/4/2018".
For a fun treat, check out the food trucks. We had deliciously messy cookies and cream funnel cake from Lucky Mary's and debated also trying a s'mores funnel cake.
Plan Your Visit:
Magic of the Jack O’Lanterns is open to the public every Thursday through Sunday in October. Children 2 and under do not need a ticket to enter.
- Thursday/Sunday Pricing: Kids (3-12) starting at $10.99 | Adults starting at $14.99
- Friday/Saturday Pricing: Kids (3-12) starting at $14.99 | Adults starting at $19.99
Tips and Tricks:
- Parking can be crazy. Go early for the best spots.
- Put glow necklaces on your children to help keep track of them in the crowds.
- Wear costumes for more fun and great photo ops.
- Bring your own glow toys to play with, or bring extra money and support the Gardens.
- Bring your own water.
Know Before You Go:
- Thursdays and Sundays are less crowded, making for a more relaxing experience.
- The trails are dirt and gravel; it may be difficult to navigate strollers.
- There is one flush toilet building and the rest are portable.
- The event is outside, so dress warmly.
- The whole event takes 45 minutes to an hour.
Purchase tickets at magicofthejackolanterns.com.
About Thirteenth Floor Entertainment Group
Thirteenth Floor Entertainment Group is the only company in the country to produce haunted houses on a national scale, with fifteen haunted houses in Austin, San Antonio, Denver, Chicago, Green Bay, Phoenix, Los Angeles, Nashville, New Orleans, and Jacksonville. Designed by world-renowned haunted house designers and featuring makeup and effects from Hollywood special effects artists, these haunted houses span ten states and take fright to a whole new level with different interactive events like Blackout, Krampus: A Haunted Christmas, and Love Bites. To learn more, visit thirteenthfloor.com.