Unlock your child’s potential at Camp Invention!
A program of the National Inventors Hall of Fame® (NIHF), Camp Invention is a nationally acclaimed summer program for children in grades K-6, where STEM concepts come to life.
Led by local teachers, this program has tapped into kids' natural curiosity since 1990, giving them the opportunity to become innovators through teamwork and immersive, hands-on creative problem-solving.
All camps are Monday-Friday from 9:00 AM–3:30 PM.
Each year, our education team works with NIHF Inductees to create a brand-new STEM curriculum for students to enjoy that embraces hands-on learning. In our 2021 program, Recharge, campers will build confidence and work together to take on four exciting challenges, constructing their own inventions to solve real-world problems.
- Open Mic™: Children receive their own wireless microphone, which they can use to amplify and transform their voices in fun ways. Taking their microphones apart, they discover how it works and explore all its parts to find inspiration for building their own invention.
- Duck Chuck™: Campers explore the power of physics while launching rubber ducks to famous landmarks around the world. By collecting “quack coins,” they can buy materials for their Duck Chucking Devices and improve on their design through the process of prototyping.
- SolarBot™: Children build and adopt their own solar-powered cricket and experience their creature’s point of view as they build habitats, cricket-inspired inventions, and protective gear to outsmart predators.
- Road Rally™: Campers start their engines and apply nature-based discoveries to design their own unique morphing vehicle. Each day, campers design, construct, and test both propeller-operated and pulley-operated versions of their vehicle to explore its capabilities on land.
Dates & Locations
- JUNE 7-11: Flagstone Elementary, 104 Lovington St., Castle Rock
- JUNE 7-11: Roxborough Intermediate School, 7370 Village Circle East, Littleton
- JUNE 7-11: STEM School, 8773 Ridgeline Blvd., Highlands Ranch
- JUNE 14-18: Larkspur Elementary, 1103 W. Perry Park Ave., Larkspur
- JUNE 21-25: Northridge Elementary School, 555 Southpark Road, Highlands Ranch
- Plus many more locations across the Front Range!
Pricing & Discounts
- $250-$275 per week, depending on location
- Use promo code CIFUN40 to save $40 (expires 3/31), CIFUN30 to save $30 (expires 4/30), or CIFUN25 to save $25 (expires 5/26)