Horses are the "hot topic" with EquesTraining Summer Adventure Camps.
Students learn the core knowledge of how to catch, lead, groom, tack, and ride horses. While studying horse behavior in their natural environment, campers are introduced to land management and conservation and to the animals and plants that share the surrounding spaces.
Riding lessons take place in a spacious safely-fenced arena, along an obstacle course, and on the trails around the Ranch. The classrooms include the barn studio and the great outdoors.
The classroom study hour covers topics essential to horse care and better understanding the psychology behind horse and human reactions and behaviors. Practiced skills may include learning math while measuring feed requirements of individual horses, how to read and follow directions to improve comprehension, and writing by keeping a daily journal of activities and impressions. Downtime can be relaxing in a hammock, sharing stories with a new friend under a shady tree in the big meadow, or enjoying a well-earned nap!
Prospective campers may choose from three-day midweek camps or four-day camps running Monday through Thursday with a Friday Night Horse Show Finale. Please be aware that the four-day camps include rigorous physical activity. Three-day camps are most suitable for younger children. Each camp is limited to eight participants to ensure individual attention and support.
Full-day camps are 9:00 AM–4:00 PM. Half-days from 9:00 AM–12:00 PM are available for three-day camps noted with (*).
- May 31-June 2: Tuesday-Thursday (three full days*) for ages 6-10
- June 6-10: Monday-Friday (four full days + Friday night horse show from 5:00–7:00 PM)
- June14-16: Tuesday-Thursday (three full days*) for ages 6-10
- June 20-24: Monday-Friday (four full days + Friday night horse show from 5:00–7:00 PM)
- June 28-30: Tuesday -Thursday (three full days*) for ages 6-10
- July 5-7: Tuesday-Thursday (three full days)
- July 25-28: Monday-Friday (four full days + Friday night horse show from 5:00–7:00 PM)
- August 2-4: Tuesday-Thursday (three full days)
- Four-Day Camp + Friday Horse Show: $550
- Three-Day Camp: $425 Full-Day | $300 Half-Day
- Prerequisite to attending camp: $65 One-Hour Private Introductory Lesson
- Before and After Care: $20 per hour
- 10% discount for siblings
- 5% early bird sign up (by May 1st)
- 10% multiple camp discount
- Mention Macaroni KID to receive a FREE camp t-shirt
"I LOVE horses and riding! Angel is my favorite horse and Miss Star is my favorite riding trainer ever!" –Allie
"I love horses and riding and thank you Miss Star for helping me." –Racquel
"Riding Miss Star's horses and jumping has made me feel that I can handle things in my life that happen, a lot better!" –Allison