Kids in grades 1-3 read and discuss a different book each month and do a related activity!
- January 6: Miss Brooks Loves Books (and I Don't) by Barbara Bottner
- February 3: Coat of Many Colors by Dolly Parton
- March 3: Idea Jar by Adam Lehrhaupt
- April 7: Hot Air The (mostly) True Story of the First Hot-air Balloon Ride by Marjorie Priceman
- May 5: Henry Hikes to Fitchburg by D. B. Johnson
- June 2: Diary of a Worm by Doreen Cronin
- July 7: The Great Fuzz Frenzy by Janet Stevens
- August 4: We Are in a Book! by Mo Willems
- September 1: Me & Mama by Cozbi Cabrera
- October 6: Mr. Lincoln's Way by Patricia Polacco
- November 3: We Are Water Protectors by Carole Lindstrom
- December 1: Bad Apple by Edward Hemingway
This book club meets on the first Thursday of the month. Registration opens 30 days in advance and fills quickly.
CostFREE! but registration required
Register at the library
We make every effort to ensure the accuracy of event information. However, we recommend checking with the venue to make sure an event is not changed or canceled. Get a FREE kid-friendly calendar for Douglas County, CO full of festivals, activities, and events delivered right to your inbox when you sign up at highlandsranch.macaronikid.com/subscribe.