We are doing our best to stay on top of changes.
Visit the business's website or call to confirm safety precautions and the latest updates.
Studies have shown that extracurricular activities help children thrive socially and academically. The benefits include:
- increased self-confidence and self-esteem
- higher academic success
- better time management skills
- improved social and leadership skills
- reduced stress
Whether you've got a toddler, a teen, or a few in between, we've got information on a wide variety of programs for your family.
Click any business name below to see the complete listing, including location, program details, customer testimonials, and more. Businesses marked with a (*) even have a special offer just for Macaroni Kid readers!
- Arts on Fire (Castle Rock, Highlands Ranch) Arts on Fire is a locally (and family!) owned Paint-Your-Own-Pottery and Glass Fusing studio with a large selection of pottery, glass fusing, and mosaics and no studio fees. We also feature special event Canvas Nights and host birthday parties.
- Kidcreate Studio (Parker) Kidcreate Studio is an art studio just for kids! We specialize in children’s art classes, camps, and art-themed birthday parties for children ages 18 months through 12 years.
- Monart (Parker) Monart offers a variety of art classes, camps and birthday parties for kids. Choose from drawing, clay, canvas painting, mixed media and glass fusing.
- pop! arts (Douglas County) WHERE YOU CAN BE A KID! Hands-on, experiential FUN in music, art, science and cooking. Ignite the imagination and nurture creativity with year-round classes, camps, and pop-ups.
- Flour Power Kids Cooking Studios (Highlands Ranch) Stir up tons of fun with amazing cooking experiences!
- Sticky Fingers Cooking (Douglas County) It's THYME to TURNIP the BEET on what KIDS EAT! Sticky Fingers Cooking offers a wide variety of in-person and online cooking and baking classes, enrichment, camps, parties and private sessions.
- Uncorked Kitchen (Lone Tree) Uncorked Kitchen is the perfect extracurricular escape or after school activity. We offer 7 sessions during the academic calendar year for kids from 6-17 years of age, with each session running for five weeks. All our kids/teen classes are available first come, first served. At the end of each class, students proudly take their delicious creations home to share with the family (serving a family of three to four).
Dance & Theater
- Parker Arts (Parker) Parker Arts provides educational opportunities and access to arts, culture, history, and science programs for people of all ages.
- Parker Dance Academy (Parker) At Parker Dance Academy, you can expect a positive, nurturing, and supportive environment for students to grow and develop as dancers. Come visit our studio and see for yourself how important the “heart” of a studio is to the experience dancers and their families will have.
- Performing Arts Academy (PAA) (Highlands Ranch) Performing Arts Academy welcomes students of all backgrounds and abilities! Our mission is to provide transformative character-building experiences in K–12 students through the performing arts. Learn, Perform, and Grow with PAA!
- Grid Iron Flag Football (Highlands Ranch) Grid Iron Flag Football of Highlands Ranch is Colorado’s largest NFL youth flag football league, offering competitive fun for kids ages 5-15. Our 5-on-5 noncontact league features reversible NFL jerseys, team tents and benches, real kickoffs and punts, Superbowl playoff tournament, and certified coaches and officials.
- Roll Play Lead (Castle Rock) Develop your child's leadership skills through dragon slaying!
- Chameleon Gymnastics & Parkour (Castle Rock) Chameleon Gymnastics is family-owned with a very experienced coaching staff. Our coaches teach basic FUNdamental gymnastic skills, as well as advanced gymnastics skills, coordination, team-building, patience, and achieving goals, all in a safe and clean environment.
- * Momentum Athletic Center (Parker) Founded by families, for families. As parents of gymnasts, we saw both the wonderful and the challenging aspects of this sport. With those experiences in mind, we created a place focused on delivering the very best that gymnastics has to offer young athletes and their families.
- Parker Recreation Center (Parker) Parker Parks and Recreation offers gymnastics classes for ages 1 through 10. Instructors help students build strength, flexibility, rhythm, coordination, and body awareness.
- Peak Athletics (Highlands Ranch) Peak Athletics is proud to offer instruction for athletes ages 18 months to 18 years. We invite you to visit us and take a free trial class to find the perfect fit. With over 23,000 square feet of space, Peak is also home to a variety of special events like camps, field trips, birthday parties, Parents Night Out, and more!
- * Parker Academy of Martial Arts (Parker) Parker Academy of Martial Art's promise to every student is self defense, confidence, respect, fitness, and fun. We provide the best quality training, programs for all ages, and an incredible family atmosphere.
- * Z Utimate Self Defense Studios (Parker) We offer Z Ultimate in personalized self-defense training for ages 3 and up in Karate, Kung Fu, and Jiu-Jitsu.
Multi-Sport & Sports Instruction
- Ninja Intensity (Castle Rock) Our new obstacle training gym originated from the famous TV show, American Ninja Warrior. Challenge yourself to conquer obstacles just like you see on the show, such as the Warped Wall, Spider Wall, Salmon Ladder, and many more!
- Parker Recreation Center (Parker) The Parker Recreation Department offers a variety of sports for all ages. From Mini Mite and Kinder leagues to more advanced Youth leagues, there's something for everyone at Parker Recreation!
- Town of Castle Rock Parks and Recreation (Castle Rock) The Castle Rock Recreation Department offers youth sports programs for all ages that are fun, safe, and well supervised. Our programs are meant to introduce kids to a sport — including soccer, indoor golf, baseball, softball, volleyball, and basketball — and allow them to practice and showcase their skill.
- Colorado Chamber Orchestra (Douglas County) There's no better time to learn to play an instrument! Learn how in our Band and Orchestra Instruction for Elementary Students in Douglas County from Colorado Chamber Orchestra (CCO) Educational Outreach. Classes are held at various elementary schools and the fabulous Grand Finale Concerts are side-by-side with professionals from the CCO.
- * Music Academy of the Rockies (Castle Rock) Come make us your musical home! The Music Academy of the Rockies (formerly Music Together of Castle Rock) offers Music Together classes for ages 0-5, Rhythm Kids classes for ages 4-8, and our fun Guitar Club and Singing Club and flute lessons for ages 8+.
- * Singers Company (Parker) Singers Company is a non-competitive singing and dancing group for girls (ages 4-12). We sing, we dance, and we have so much fun! Our goal is to provide a fun environment to inspire young girls with confidence through music and dance.
Science, Technology, Engineering, & Mathematics (STEM)
- Colorado Code Club (Douglas County) Colorado Code Club offers Scratch Coding After-School programs for kids, as well as Scratch Coding and Minecraft Adventure Summer Camps! Scratch was developed by MIT and gives students a fun and creative way to learn to program their own video games, animations, and digital art.
- Inspire to Learn & Imagine (Douglas County) I2LI offers fun educational programs to children ages 3-14. We believe kids learn best when they are having fun. Our hands-on programs inspire kids to remember what they learn, imagine, and create!
- Castle Rock Adaptive Recreation Program (Castle Rock) These programs help expand participants' health and wellness, self-esteem, and independence. Participants will also develop relationships through compassion, kindness, and service to others.
- HRCA Therapeutic Recreation (Highlands Ranch) The HRCA Therapeutic Recreation Program is intended to enhance the quality of life of individuals with special needs. Programs are facilitated by qualified staff to provide a quality and compassionate community-based environment for participants ages 3 through adult.
- * Aqua-Tots Swim School (Lone Tree) Our year-round indoor swim education program offers 8 different levels starting at 4 months old. All classes incorporate self-save and learn to swim strategies. Our main focus is safety. Our curriculum helps children learn how to swim and develop a lifelong love of swimming.
- * SafeSplash Swim School (Castle Rock) Castle Rock's newest swim lessons program is sure to knock your socks off! We offer lessons for all ages and all abilities in our brand new state-of-the-art facility.
- * SafeSplash Swim School (Parker/Lone Tree) At SafeSplash, we understand… swimming is a life skill®. Giving your child the opportunity to learn from passionate instructors who provide individual attention in the best facilities sets them up for an outstanding experience. That is the SafeSplash Way. SafeSplash offers swim lessons, camps, birthday parties, and more.
- * SwimLabs Swim School (Highlands Ranch) We teach children and adults how to swim, and show competitive athletes how to utilize proper swimming technique using video analysis to swim faster… faster!
- Waterworks Aquatics (Highlands Ranch) Learning it the right way, right from the beginning!
- TGA Premier Youth Tennis (Douglas County) TGA Premier Youth Tennis provides unique at-school, after-school enrichment programs, as well as camps and festivals, for elementary and middle school students in Douglas County.
Toddler & Preschool Programs
- Kids' Zone (Parker) Parker Parks and Recreation offers a variety of affordable Kids’ Zone classes and events for ages 18 months to 6 years, designed to enrich your child’s life and grow a healthy self-esteem. Classes encourage motor development, creative expression, or social skills in a non-competitive, nurturing environment.
If you are a Douglas County business that offers classes or sports instruction and would like to be listed in our Kids' Classes & Lessons and Youth Sports Guide, email firstname.lastname@example.org.