Studies have shown that extracurricular activities help children thrive socially and academically. Benefits include:
- increased self-confidence and self-esteem
- higher academic success
- better time management skills
- improved social and leadership skills
- reduced stress
Whether you've got a toddler, a teen, or a few in between, we've got information on a wide variety of programs for your family.
|Click any business name below to see the complete listing, including location, program details, customer testimonials, and more.|
🎨 Art Instruction
- Arts on Fire (Castle Rock, Highlands Ranch) Arts on Fire is a locally (and family!) owned Paint-Your-Own-Pottery and Glass Fusing studio with a large selection of pottery, glass fusing, and mosaics and no studio fees.
- Kidcreate Studio (Parker) Kidcreate Studio is an art studio just for kids! We specialize in children’s art classes, camps, and art-themed birthday parties for children ages 18 months through 12 years.
- Parker Monart(Parker) Monart offers a variety of art classes, camps, and birthday parties for kids. Choose from drawing, clay, canvas painting, mixed media, and glass fusing.
- Pop! Arts (Douglas County) WHERE YOU CAN BE A KID! Hands-on, experiential FUN in music, art, science, and cooking. Ignite the imagination and nurture creativity with year-round classes, camps, and pop-ups.
- Flour Power Kids Cooking Studios (Highlands Ranch) Stir up tons of fun with amazing cooking experiences!
- Uncorked Kitchen (Lone Tree) Uncorked Kitchen is the perfect extracurricular escape or after-school activity. We offer 7 sessions during the academic calendar year for kids from 6-17 years of age, with each session running for five weeks. All our kids/teen classes are available first-come, first-served. Students proudly take their delicious creations home to share with the family (serving a family of three to four).
🎭 Dance & Theater
- Parker Arts (Parker) Parker Arts provides educational opportunities and access to arts, culture, history, and science programs for people of all ages.
- Performing Arts Academy (PAA) (Highlands Ranch) Performing Arts Academy welcomes students of all backgrounds and abilities! Our mission is to provide transformative character-building experiences in K–12 students through the performing arts. Learn, Perform, and Grow with PAA!
🏈 Flag Football
- Town of Castle Rock Co-Ed Youth Flag Football(Castle Rock) A fun way for young kids to learn flag football while developing basic motor skills! All players will learn how to play in different defensive/offensive positions: run, pass, catch, etc. Participants will play in 7-8 games per season and an end-of-season tournament for top-ranked teams in the 4th–8th Grade Divisions.
⛳🎾 Golf & Tennis
- TGA Premier Youth Golf and Tennis(Douglas County) TGA Premier Youth Tennis provides unique at-school, after-school enrichment programs, as well as camps and festivals, for elementary and middle school students in Douglas County.
- Momentum Athletic Center (Parker) Founded by families for families. As parents of gymnasts, we saw both the wonderful and the challenging aspects of this sport. With those experiences in mind, we created a place focused on delivering the very best that gymnastics has to offer young athletes and their families.
- Parker Recreation Center (Parker) Parker Parks and Recreation offers gymnastics classes for ages 1 through 10. Instructors help students build strength, flexibility, rhythm, coordination, and body awareness.
- Peak Athletics (Highlands Ranch) Peak Athletics is proud to offer instruction for athletes ages 18 months to 18 years. We invite you to visit us and take a free trial class to find the perfect fit. With over 23,000 square feet of space, Peak is also home to a variety of special events like camps, field trips, birthday parties, Parents Night Out, and more!
🥋 Martial Arts
- Parker Academy of Martial Arts (Parker) Parker Academy of Martial Art's promise to every student is self-defense, confidence, respect, fitness, and fun. We provide the best quality training, programs for all ages, and an incredible family atmosphere.
- Z Ultimate Self Defense Studios(Parker) We offer Z Ultimate in personalized self-defense training for ages 3 and up in Karate, Kung Fu, and Jiu-Jitsu.
👟 Multi-Sport & Sports Instruction
- Ninja Intensity (Castle Rock) Our new obstacle training gym originated from the famous TV show American Ninja Warrior. Challenge yourself to conquer obstacles just like you see on the show, such as the Warped Wall, Spider Wall, Salmon Ladder, and many more!
- Parker Recreation Center (Parker) The Parker Recreation Department offers a variety of sports for all ages. From Mini Mite and Kinder leagues to more advanced Youth leagues, there's something for everyone at Parker Recreation!
- Town of Castle Rock Parks and Recreation (Castle Rock) The Castle Rock Recreation Department offers youth sports programs for all ages that are fun, safe, and well supervised. Our programs are meant to introduce kids to a sport — including soccer, indoor golf, baseball, softball, volleyball, and basketball — and allow them to practice and showcase their skills.
- Colorado Chamber Orchestra (Douglas County) There's no better time to learn an instrument! Learn how with CCO's Band and Orchestra Instruction for Elementary Students in Douglas County. Classes are held at various elementary schools, and the fabulous Grand Finale Concerts are side-by-side with professionals from the CCO. (Most classes are continuing virtually throughout all the changes the pandemic has brought.)
- Music Academy of the Rockies (Castle Rock) Make us your musical home! The Music Academy of the Rockies (formerly Music Together of Castle Rock) offers Music Together classes for ages 0-5, Rhythm Kids classes for ages 4-8, and our fun Guitar Club and Singing Club and flute lessons for ages 8+.
📐 Science, Technology, Engineering, & Mathematics (STEM)
- Inspire to Learn & Imagine (Douglas County) I2LI offers fun educational programs to children ages 3-14. We believe kids learn best when they are having fun. Our hands-on programs inspire kids to remember what they learn, imagine, and create!
💙 Special Needs
- Castle Rock Adaptive Recreation Program (Castle Rock) These programs help expand participants' health and wellness, self-esteem, and independence. Participants will also develop relationships through compassion, kindness, and service to others.
- HRCA Therapeutic Recreation (Highlands Ranch) The HRCA Therapeutic Recreation Program is intended to enhance the quality of life of individuals with special needs. Programs are facilitated by qualified staff to provide a quality and compassionate community-based environment for participants ages 3 through adult.
- SafeSplash Swim School (Castle Rock) Castle Rock's newest swim lessons program is sure to knock your socks off! We offer lessons for all ages and all abilities in our brand new state-of-the-art facility.
- SwimLabs Swim School (Highlands Ranch) We teach children and adults how to swim, and show competitive athletes how to utilize proper swimming techniques using video analysis to swim faster… faster!
🧒 Toddler & Preschool Programs
- Kids' Zone (Parker) Parker Parks and Recreation offers a variety of affordable Kids’ Zone classes and events for ages 18 months to 6 years, designed to enrich your child’s life and grow healthy self-esteem. Classes encourage motor development, creative expression, or social skills in a non-competitive, nurturing environment.
- Songs for Seeds(Highlands Ranch) Songs for Seeds is a live interactive early education music program for children ages newborn to 6 years old. Your child will sing, dance, and play instruments along with other children their age. Their musicians/teachers will "travel" with them around the world, reinforcing shapes, colors, animals, numbers, and more.
If you have a Douglas County business that offers classes or sports instruction and would like to be listed in our Kids' Classes & Lessons and Youth Sports Guide, email email@example.com.