Studies have shown that extracurricular activities help children thrive socially and academically. Benefits include:
- increased self-confidence and self-esteem
- higher academic success
- better time management skills
- improved social and leadership skills
- reduced stress
Whether you've got a toddler, a teen, or a few in between, we've got information on a wide variety of programs for your family.
Click any business name below to see the complete listing, including location, program details, customer testimonials, and more.
🎨 Art Instruction
- Arts on Fire (Castle Rock, Highlands Ranch) Arts on Fire is a locally (and family!) owned Paint-Your-Own-Pottery and Glass Fusing studio with a large selection of pottery, glass fusing, and mosaics with no studio fees.
- Flour Power Kids Cooking Studios (Highlands Ranch) Stir up tons of fun with fantastic cooking experiences!
- Uncorked Kitchen (Lone Tree) Uncorked Kitchen is the perfect extracurricular escape or after-school activity. We offer seven sessions during the academic calendar year for kids from 6-17 years of age, with each session running for five weeks. Students proudly take their delicious creations home to share with the family (serving a family of three to four).
🎭 Dance & Theater
- Dance Exploration (Castle Rock) Dance Exploration is proud to be a non-competitive first introduction to the art of dance. Dancers in our program find a place to dance, learn, and grow through the Dance to Learn® curriculum.
- Parker Arts (Parker) Parker Arts provides educational opportunities and access to arts, culture, history, and science programs for people of all ages.
- Performing Arts Academy (PAA) (Highlands Ranch) Performing Arts Academy welcomes students of all backgrounds and abilities! Our mission is to provide transformative character-building experiences in K–12 students through the performing arts. Learn, Perform, and Grow with PAA!
🎮 E-Sports & Gaming
- XP League (Lone Tree) The premier youth e-sports league in Colorado! Designed just like conventional youth sports, this innovative program emphasizes building social skills and sportsmanship through a positive coach-led structure.
- Fencing Academy of Denver (Castle Pines, Littleton) teaches the centuries-old art that fosters competition, respect, and self-discipline in a safe and fun environment for ages 6 years and up. Fencing Academy of Denver classes help build your agility, strength, and stamina while developing a new confidence in yourself.
🏈 Flag Football
- Town of Castle Rock Co-Ed Youth Flag Football (Castle Rock) A fun way for young kids to learn flag football while developing basic motor skills! Participants will play 7-8 games per season and an end-of-season tournament for top-ranked teams in the 4th–8th Grade Divisions. All players will learn to play in different defensive/offensive positions: run, pass, catch, etc.
⛳🎾 Golf & Tennis
- TGA Premier Youth Golf and Tennis (Douglas County) TGA provides unique at-school, after-school enrichment programs, as well as camps and festivals, for elementary and middle school students in Douglas County.
- Momentum Athletic Center (Parker) Founded by families for families. As parents of gymnasts, we saw both the wonderful and the challenging aspects of this sport. With those experiences in mind, we created a place focused on delivering the very best that gymnastics has to offer young athletes and their families.
- Parker Recreation Center (Parker) Parker Parks and Recreation offers gymnastics classes for ages 1 through 10. Instructors help students build strength, flexibility, rhythm, coordination, and body awareness.
- Peak Athletics (Highlands Ranch) Peak Athletics is proud to offer instruction for athletes ages 18 months to 18 years. With over 23,000 square feet of space, Peak is also home to a variety of special events like camps, field trips, birthday parties, Parents Night Out, and more! Take a free trial class to find the perfect fit.
🥋 Martial Arts
- Impact Taekwondo (Highlands Ranch) Martial arts can be for everyone, regardless of age, gender, or experience level. Impact Taekwondo offers a realistic and practical approach to enable every member to achieve greatness and live their best life.
- Parker Academy of Martial Arts (Parker) Parker Academy of Martial Art's promise to every student is self-defense, confidence, respect, fitness, and fun. We provide the best quality training, programs for all ages, and an incredible family atmosphere.
- Rocky Mountain Self Defense & Fitness (Castle Rock) We help kids find their fit with our youth krav maga program. We teach in a caring but "get tough" manner to help build confidence, life skills, and fundamental self-defense skills.
- Z Ultimate Self Defense Studios (Parker) We offer the ULTIMATE in personalized self-defense training for ages 3 and up in Karate, Kung Fu, and Jiu-Jitsu.
👟 Multi-Sport & Sports Instruction
- HRCA Youth Sports Programs (Highlands Ranch) Highlands Ranch Community Association offers a great variety of year-round youth sports leagues, camps, and clinics for children ages 2-15.
- Ninja Intensity (Castle Rock) Our new obstacle training gym originated from the famous TV show American Ninja Warrior. Challenge yourself to conquer obstacles just like you see on the show, such as the Warped Wall, Spider Wall, Salmon Ladder, and many more!
- Parker Recreation Center (Parker) The Parker Recreation Department offers a variety of sports for all ages. From Mini-Mite and Kinder leagues to more advanced Youth leagues, there's something for everyone at Parker Recreation!
- Town of Castle Rock Parks and Recreation (Castle Rock) The Castle Rock Recreation Department offers youth sports programs for all ages that are fun, safe, and well supervised. Our programs introduce kids to a sport — including soccer, indoor golf, baseball, softball, volleyball, and basketball — and allow them to practice and showcase their skills.
- Colorado Chamber Orchestra (Douglas County) There's no better time to learn an instrument! Learn how with CCO's Band and Orchestra Instruction for Elementary Students in Douglas County. Classes take place at various elementary schools, and the fabulous Grand Finale Concerts are side-by-side with professionals from the CCO.
- Music Academy of the Rockies (Castle Rock) Make us your musical home! The Music Academy of the Rockies (formerly Music Together of Castle Rock) offers Music Together classes for ages 0-5, Rhythm Kids classes for ages 4-8, and our fun Guitar Club and Singing Club and flute lessons for ages 8+.
- Musical Minds Music Studio (Highlands Ranch) Discover joy through music! We offer piano, voice, guitar, and ukulele lessons for all ages. Beginners are welcome!
📐 Science, Technology, Engineering, & Mathematics (STEM)
- Douglas County Libraries (Douglas County) DCL is proud to help you build bright futures for your kids through a variety of engaging programs, such as Slick Science, Bark for Books, seasonal and school-break camps, and more.
- Inspire to Learn & Imagine (Douglas County) I2LI offers fun educational programs to children ages 3-14. We believe kids learn best when they are having fun. Our hands-on programs inspire kids to remember what they learn, imagine, and create!
💙 Special Needs
- Castle Rock Adaptive Recreation Program (Castle Rock) These programs help expand participants' health and wellness, self-esteem, and independence. Participants will also develop relationships through compassion, kindness, and service to others.
- HRCA Therapeutic Recreation (Highlands Ranch) The HRCA Therapeutic Recreation Program enhances the quality of life of individuals with special needs. Programs are facilitated by qualified staff to provide a quality and compassionate community-based environment for participants ages 3 through adult.
- Parker Parks and Recreation Therapeutic Recreation (Parker) Parker Parks and Recreation's Therapeutic Recreation program helps to enhance the quality of life for youth through adults with disabilities through participation in adapted programming. We strive to minimize barriers, increase leisure awareness and opportunities, promote skill-building, celebrate individual success, and improve overall well-being.
- SafeSplash Swim School (Castle Rock) Castle Rock's newest swim lessons program is sure to knock your socks off! We offer lessons for all ages and all abilities in our state-of-the-art facility.
- SafeSplash Swim School (Parker) Giving your child the opportunity to learn from passionate instructors who provide individual attention in the best facilities sets them up for an outstanding experience.
- SwimLabs Swim School (Highlands Ranch) We teach children and adults how to swim and show competitive athletes how to utilize proper swimming techniques using video analysis to swim faster… faster!
🧒 Toddler & Preschool Programs
- Kids' Zone (Parker) Parker Parks and Recreation offers a variety of affordable Kids' Zone classes and events for ages 18 months to 6 years, designed to enrich your child's life and grow healthy self-esteem. Classes encourage motor development, creative expression, or social skills in a non-competitive, nurturing environment.
- Tunes for Tots (Highlands Ranch) In these high-energy classes, parents and children sing songs, play with instruments, dance, learn about melody and rhythm, interact with other kids, and develop imaginative play. We will be loud and soft, fast and slow, silly and serious, educational and fun!
If you have a Douglas County business that offers classes or sports instruction and would like to be listed in our Kids' Classes & Lessons and Youth Sports Guide, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.