I love to shop for our fresh produce at local Farmers Markets. The produce is perfectly ripe, usually picked just a day or two before the event. I can meet the farmers who grew the food, ask how it was grown, and even get tips on preparing it.
When produce is grown and sold locally, the money stays in our community, stimulating the local economy. And working farms preserve open space.
Plus, it's fun!
If you haven't shopped at a Farmers Market before, you are in for a treat. Wear comfortable shoes, bring your own bags and plenty of water, and don't forget the sunscreen. Some stands don't accept credit cards, so stop at the ATM before you go.
Note: All dates, including beginning and end dates, are weather permitting.
|Douglas County Farmers Markets|
CASTLE ROCK SATURDAY MARKET
- When: Saturdays from 8:00 AM–1:00 PM
- Dates: June 18 through October 1, 2022
- Where: Douglas County Fairgrounds, 500 Fairgrounds Dr., 80104
- More Info: originalcastlerockfarmersmarket.com
CASTLE ROCK SUNDAY MARKET
- When: Sundays from 9:00 AM–2:00 PM
- Dates: May 8 through September 25, 2022
- Where: Festival Park, 300 2nd St., 80104
- More Info: CRgov.com/FarmersMarket
ELIZABETH FARMERS MARKET
- When: Fridays from 5:00–9:00 PM
- Dates: June 10 through September 9, 2022
- Where: Downtown Elizabeth, CO 80107
- More Info: www.townofelizabeth.org/community/page/elizabeth-farmers-market
HIGHLANDS RANCH FARMERS MARKET
- When: Sundays from 10:00 AM–2:00 PM
- Dates: April 3 through October 30, 2022
- Where: Highlands Ranch Town Center, 9288 Dorchester St., 80129
- More Info: www.denverfarmersmarket.com
PARKER FARMERS MARKET
- When: Sundays from 8:00 AM–1:00 PM
- Dates: May 8 through October 2, 2022
- Where: The Schoolhouse Parking Lot, 19565 E. Mainstreet, 80138
- More Info: thelocalcolorado.com
AULT: ADAM'S APPLE ORCHARD & COUNTRY STORE
- When: TBD
- Dates: TBD (typically late summer & early fall)
- Where: 42135 County Rd. 43, Ault, CO 80610
- What: More than 150 varieties of apples, plums, and pears, as well as a do-it-yourself cider press, pumpkins, specialty preserves, and other locally produced agricultural products. While not certified organic, they practice natural and organic methods.
- More Info: www.adamsapplecolorado.com
- Contact: firstname.lastname@example.org or (970) 760-0279
BRIGHTON: BERRY PATCH FARMS
- When: Saturdays from 10:00 AM–2:00 PM
- Dates: June 15 through October 2022
- Where: 13785 Potomac St., Brighton, CO 80601
- What: Raspberries, strawberries, carrots, pie cherries, currants, basil, cucumbers, and fresh flowers are available for picking. You'll also find many other fruits and vegetables in the produce stand, along with coffee beans, meat, eggs, jams, salsas, and gifts. By reservation only. Berry Patch is a Certified Organic farm.
- More Info: www.berrypatchfarms.com
- Contact: email@example.com or (303) 659-5050
ERIE: ANDERSON FARMS
- When: Thursday–Sunday
- Dates: July 29 through August 28, 2022
- Where: 6728 County Road 3-1/4, Erie, CO, 80516
- What: Pick your own sunflowers.
- More Info: andersonfarms.com
- Contact: firstname.lastname@example.org or (303) 828-5210
FORT COLLINS: THE BARTELS FARM
- When: Daily from 10:00 AM–6:00 PM
- Dates: Mid-July through October 2022
- Where: 324 E. Douglas Rd., Fort Collins, CO 80524
- What: Purchase already picked produce from this family-owned and -operated farm or pick straight from the garden. Melons, herbs, flowers, pumpkins, spinach, kale, zucchini, tomatoes, cucumbers, peppers, squash, and a variety of other vegetables are available. Please call for availability.
- More Info: thebartelsfarm.com
- Contact: email@example.com or (970) 493-3853
FORT COLLINS: GARDEN SWEET
- When: By reservation
- Dates: July through October 2022
- Where: 719 W. Wilcox Ln., Fort Collins, CO 80524
- What: Strawberries, raspberries, blackberries, sunflowers, apples, and other bountiful berries and flowers vary based on the time of the season, but the best picking is available in August and September. Pick-your-own flower bouquets are available in July, and berry baskets in mid-July. Pumpkins are available later in the season.
- More Info: gardensweet.com
- Contact: Info@GardenSweet.com
GOLDEN: NELMS FARMS
- When: 8:00 AM–4:00 PM, Labor Day weekend only
- Dates: September 3-4, 2022
- Where: 5305 Orchard St., Golden, CO 80403
- What: Pick your own pesticide-free and chemical-free apples, peaches, potatoes, and pumpkins by reservation. You can also purchase local honey produced by their honeybees. New this year: Bee Tours with advanced reservation. They will suit you up, open the honeycomb, and introduce you to the Queen.
- More Info: www.nelmsfarm.com
- Contact: firstname.lastname@example.org or (303) 917-2707
LONGMONT: YA YA FARM & ORCHARD
- When: Tuesday through Sunday; times vary
- Dates: Mid-July through December 1, 2022
- Where: 6914 Ute Hwy., Longmont, CO 80503
- What: Pick your own apples, pears, plums, cherries, and flowers. With 128 different varieties, the apple store is full of deliciousness, including fresh-picked apples, apple cider, apple cider donuts, and more! While not certified organic, they practice natural and organic methods. Reservations are required for U-Pick fruit.
- More Info: yayafarmandorchard.com/u-pick-it
- Contact: email@example.com or (303) 549-7447
PAONIA: ORCHARD VALLEY FARMS & MARKET
- When: Daily from 10:00 AM–6:00 PM
- Dates: End of June through October 2022
- Where: 15836 Black Bridge Rd., Paonia, CO 81428
- What: Pick your own raspberries, cherries, peaches, cucumber, basil, dill, peaches, nectarines, blackberries, tomatoes, chili peppers, okra, eggplant, green peppers, zinnias, apples, cherries, blackberries, spring raspberries, and pumpkins. There will be a train running to the pumpkin patch from the last weekend of September through October.
- More Info: www.orchardvalleyfarms.com
- Contact: (970) 527-6838
PENROSE: FERRARA'S HAPPY APPLE FARM
- When: Thursday through Sunday from 9:00 AM–4:30 PM
- Dates: August 21 through October 2022 (call ahead to ensure availability)
- Where: 1190 1st St., Penrose, CO 81240
- What: Choose from 13 varieties of apples along with pears and pumpkins. The Country Store sells jams, jellies, marinades, apple butter, and fresh-pressed apple cider! Enjoy applewood smoked BBQ and pulled pork, apple cider donuts, roasted chilies, and more on weekends. FREE hayrides and FREE admission. Pets welcome.
- More Info: www.happyapplefarm.com
- Contact: firstname.lastname@example.org or (719) 429-6300
PLATTEVILLE: MILLER FARMS
- When: Daily from 9:00 AM–6:00 PM
- Dates: Labor Day through October 2022
- Where: 9040 US Hwy 66, Platteville, CO 80651
- What: Admission includes up to five bags of vegetables: red and yellow onions, peppers, tomatoes, a variety of squash, carrots, leeks, corn, and more. Call ahead to ensure availability.
- More Info: millerfarms.net
- Contact: email@example.com or (970) 785-6133
Did you like this article? We can make it super easy to find more just like this. Get our weekly e-newsletter each Monday morning when you SUBSCRIBE FOR FREE!
You'll be glad you did — and so will your kids!
We make every effort to ensure the accuracy of event information. However, we recommend checking with the venue to make sure an event is not changed or canceled.
Macaroni KID Douglas County is a free weekly e-newsletter, online calendar, and website proudly serving families in Highlands Ranch, Castle Rock, Lone Tree, Parker, Castle Pines, Sedalia, Larkspur, Franktown, Elizabeth, Louviers, and surrounding areas.
Are we missing something? Please use our Submit an Event form to send us all the details!