The weather doesn't get much better than in Colorado during the summer. My family loves watching movies but we also love to spend as much time as possible outside. The Summer Movie Series lets us do both!
More details can be found on our Calendar.
CASTLE PINES: Movie at the Park
Elk Ridge Park, 7005 Mira Vista Ln., 80108
Dogs are not allowed on the turf at Elk Ridge Park. The movie is scheduled for 6:30–8:30 PM. These events are FREE!
- Saturday, May 22: The Croods: A New Age (PG)
- Saturday, August 28: Raya and the Last Dragon (PG)
CASTLE ROCK: Parking Lights & Movie Nights
Philip S. Miller Park, 1375 W. Plum Creek Pkwy., 80109
Get ready for some old-fashioned family fun! Drive in to see classic movies on the big screen. Pick up dinner from one of the food trucks parked on site and bring your favorite movie snacks! Tickets are $10 per vehicle.
- Friday, June 25: Cars (G)
- Saturday, June 26: Talladega Nights (PG-13)
- Friday, July 23: Grease (PG)
- Saturday, July 24: Finding Nemo (G)
- Friday, August 27: Spaceballs (PG)
- Saturday, August 28: The Force Awakens (PG-13)
GALAXY DCL: Movie Under the Stars
Bring your own chairs, blankets, and snacks, and enjoy a movie under the stars. Find your spot and listen to music starting at 7:30 PM, with the movie starting at 8:30 PM. Part of the Douglas County Libraries Summer Reading program; the events are free but registration is required.
- Friday, June 4: Treasure Planet (PG) at Discovery Park in Parker
- Friday, June 11: Muppets from Space (G) at DCL in Castle Rock parking lot
- Thursday, June 17: Toy Story (G) at Civic Green Park in Highlands Ranch
- Friday, June 25: Wall-E (G) at DCL in Lone Tree lawn
HIGHLANDS RANCH: Backcountry Outdoor Movie Series
Backcountry Wilderness Area, 6005 Ron King Trail, 80125
The Backcountry Outdoor Movie Series brings cinema favorites onto the giant screen every Friday and Saturday night from June 4 through September 4. Friday night movies are rated PG; Saturday night movies may be PG, PG-13, or R. Only 45 car tickets are available each evening.
- General Admission: $25 per car (max 45 vehicles)
- Adults-Only Events: $30 per person includes movie, food truck dinner, and two beers from Living the Dream Brewing Company
- Saturday, June 19: Stepbrothers (R)
- Saturday, July 31: Bridesmaids (R)
- Saturday, August 21: Deadpool (R)
PARKER: Movies in the Park
Discovery Park or Tallman Meadow Park
Music, vendors, concessions, and games for kids begin at 6:00 PM; the movie begins at dusk (around 8:30 PM). These events are FREE!
- Saturday, July 17: Movie TBD (Discovery Park)
- Saturday, August 21: Movie TBD (Tallman Meadow Park)
RED ROCKS: Film on the Rocks
Red Rocks, 18300 W. Alameda Pkwy, Morrison, 80465
Film on the Rocks is back for its 22nd season! Enjoy a one-of-a-kind drive-in movie experience at the iconic Red Rocks Park & Amphitheatre as well as in-amphitheatre films. See the complete schedule at www.redrocksonline.com/film.
- Drive-In Events: $59.50 per car
- 21 screenings from May 26-June 20
- Ticket includes soda, popcorn, and candy
- In-Amphitheatre Events: $16-$32
- July 12: Casino Royale (PG-13), July 19: Jurassic Park (PG-13), and August 2: The Princess Bride (PG)
We make every effort to ensure the accuracy of event information. However, we recommend checking with the venue to make sure an event is not changed or canceled.
Get a FREE kid-friendly calendar for Douglas County, CO full of festivals, activities, and events delivered right to your inbox when you sign up at highlandsranch.macaronikid.com/subscribe.
Macaroni Kid Douglas County is a free weekly e-newsletter, online calendar, and website proudly serving families in Highlands Ranch, Castle Rock, Lone Tree, Parker, Castle Pines, Sedalia, Larkspur, Franktown, Elizabeth, Louviers, and surrounding areas.
Are we missing something? Please use our Submit an Event form to send us all the details!