Colorado has no shortage of hills and usually plenty of snow in the middle of winter. We've scoured the internet and talked with every parent we know (kudos and thanks to all my friends!) to try to find some of the best sledding hills around.
No sled? No problem! You can also use a:
- Plastic Tote Box Lid
- Plastic Laundry Basket (great for littles!)
- Flattened Cardboard Box
- Yoga Mat
- Pool Float
- Sleeping Bag
- Plastic Tarp or Tablecloth
- Plastic Trash Bag
Basically, anything that will be slippery and keep you mostly dry will do!
Sledding Hills in Douglas County
For the most part, we don't have actual addresses in Douglas County but general directions, so we hope you can find them.
Most of these came recommended to us by other parents, and we have personally checked out only a few, so we would love for you to share your experience at any of these sledding spots or tell us where you take your family. Send an email to email@example.com.
- Castle Pines: Corner of Monarch and Castle Pines Parkway (no parking on either street)
- Castle Pines: Behind American Academy Charter School
- Castle Rock: Off the parking lot of the inline hockey rink and also the field near the skate park at Metzler Ranch Community Park
- Castle Rock: Memmen Ridge behind South Ridge Elementary
- Castle Rock: The other end of the parking lot at Meadow View Elementary
- Castle Rock: Gemstone Park in Sapphire Point
- Castle Rock: Red Hawk Ridge Golf Course (driving range)
- CastleRock: Founders Park in the Founders Village subdivision in Castle Rock
- Castle Rock: The hill behind Renaissance Elementary Magnet School
- Highlands Ranch: ThunderRidge High School
- Highlands Ranch: Near Paintbrush Park and Southridge Rec Center
- Highlands Ranch: To the east of the Arcadis building located at 630 Plaza Dr. in Highlands Ranch
- Lone Tree: Southwest of Lincoln Ave. and Lone Tree Pkwy. in Lone Tree
- Lone Tree: Across the street from Acres Green Elementary in Lone Tree
- Parker: Tallman Meadow Park at 12335 Canterberry Parkway
- Parker: Pradera Community Center
- Parker: Gold Rush Elementary
- Parker: Iron Horse Elementary School
- Parker: Chaparral High School
Epic Hills Elsewhere
- Aurora: Falcon Creek Middle School at 6100 S. Genoa St.
- Aurora: Meadowood Recreation Center at 3054 S. Laredo St.
- Boulder: Scott Carpenter Park at 30th & Arapahoe
- Breckenridge: Carter Park at 310 High St.
- Centennial: Cherry Knolls Park at 7077 S. Elizabeth St.
- Centennial: Willow Spring Open Space at 7100 S. Holly St.
- Conifer: Meyer Ranch Park at 10508 S. Turkey Creek Rd.
- Denver: Ruby Hill Rail Yard at 1501 W. Jewell Ave.
- Englewood: Englewood High School at 3800 S. Logan St.
- Estes Park: Hidden Valley, Rocky Mountain National Park
- Fraser: Fraser Tubing Hill at 455 County Road 72
- Idaho Springs: Echo Mountain at 19285 CO-103
- Littleton: Bradford Intermediate School at 2 Woodruff
- Littleton: Sledding Hill Park at 9901 W. Ken Caryl Ave.
- Monument: Toboggan Hill at 1316 Deer Creek Rd.
- Morrison: Meyer Ranch Park off Highway 285
- Silverthorne: Rainbow Park Tot Lot near 400 Rainbow Dr.
- Silverthorne: Maryland Creek Park at 44 Maryland Creek Ln.
- Westminster: City Park Recreation Center at 10455 Sheridan Blvd.