Looking for at-home ideas to keep kids busy, happy, and learning? We've created a sample schedule to help you brainstorm ideas that will work best for your family.
This week, find your family fun® with the COLOR SPECTRUM.
Ingredients: Gelatin, water, evaporated milk, whipped topping
1. Mix gelatin according to the directions.
2. Layer thinly in a clear dish. Make sure each layer is completely set before starting the next color.
3. Top with your favorite whipped topping.
Optional: To make pastel layers, mix in a splash of evaporated milk.
Books• The Day the Crayons Quit by Drew Daywalt
• The Mixed-Up Chameleon by Eric Carle
• Monsters Love Colors by Mike Austin
• Planting a Rainbow by Lois Ehlert
• My Many Colored Days by Dr. Seuss
Supplies needed: Clear cups, food dye (red, yellow, blue), paper towels
1. Fill alternating cups 2/3 full of water.
2. Add food coloring to the filled cups.
3. Fold paper towels and bridge them between cups.
4. Observe the results over time.
Take a virtual art class, tour an art museum online, or pick up an art-to-go project from a local art studio:
Want to show us your celebration of the color spectrum? We'd love to see your photos! Be sure to tag @macaronikid on social media so we can see how you've brought the joy of summer camp into your own home.